When I'm drinking my morning coffee and perusing the morning edition of the internet, it always amazes me when I find something that really resonates. You know those "you too?" moments that we have when someone posts something you thought was your own little cross to bear? I found this this morning via my week+ backlog of feeds.
[ link ]
23 open browser windows? delays between postings? The perfectionist vibe psyching you out? I completely understand. My little hater is a real scutch.
My little hater says:
- "Somebody already posted that (and said it better than you could)."
- "You're not nearly as clever as you'd like to think you are"
- "You used to be much funnier."
- "Everyone else's pictures look so much more professional than yours"
- Work fast (the more time you have to think, the more time to overthink).
- Work often (momentum can be your best friend or your biggest roadblock)
- Stop watching that TV!
- Don't think about the next "big idea" -- post two small ideas instead.