Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Uncluttering Christmas with Thoughtful Gifts... not just buying 'stuff' so you have something to give


Pumpkin bargain hunting at a craft store.

Yes, yes, I know, last year Columbia wrote a post on uncluttering gift ideas but I love that the topic is becoming more and more popular. Also, who can't use more ideas for thoughtful gifts that don't take up much space?


This is why I salivated all over Northern Cheapskate's post on 7 Gifts for People Who Have Everything. It's not just 7 gifts, by the way, it's 7 amazing ideas that don't just speak to buying for those hard-to-buy-for-friends-and-relatives but also elaborates on being especially thoughtful in your gift giving. It will not surprise you to know that Columbia and I are a big fan of #6: Experiences. This has always been a favorite gift to give each other. A night away to a B&B, a frugal but fun weekend in Boston, a 'Saturdate' with all the trimmings, or tickets to a favorite show or game have showed much more thoughtfulness than just a gift wrapped under the tree. I may have even liked them better than jewelry (Columbia, when you read this, know that this is true but I do absolutely love the above mentioned sparklies).

If you are finding yourself more and more drawn to DIY, then Sew, Mama, Sew has ideas for every person on your gift-giving list. Sew, Mama, Sew is also posting great ideas submitted by their readers, like this one on homemade Irish Cream (scroll down - Yum!), so check their site daily for more ideas.

I have been inspired so much this year that I am not sure how I am going to get to all of the projects I have planned. Putting up Christmas decorations might be a good start, though...

No comments: