Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Amazon takes away your pain, gives you money.

Amazon has launched a "Frustration-Free Packaging" initiative to save you frustration and money. Get a load of this: In the spirit of the lazy environmentalist (“I'll be green, just don't expect me to alter my habits”), Amazon worked with manufacturers and has found a way to:

  • ...give you the same great quality products
  • ...let you order the same (same shipping, same process)
  • ...deliver these products in packaging that results in less waste
  • ...get rid of "did-they-make-this-barbie-%#@$%ing-secure-enough!?" twisty-ties
  • ...get rid of "I-need-a-boxcutter-to-open-this-boxcutter" blisterpacks
  • ...even save you a few pennies at the same time
Check out this video that shows two adults who have pirate ship fetishes. The time savings is less motivating to me than the savings in sanity (I hate blisterpacks) and the reduction of waste. Saving money is never a bad thing either!



Check out Amazon's full list of frustration-free packaging. I'm telling you, one of these days I'm going to come home and find that Amazon.com has sent me some cookies and a homemade blanket. What a sweet bunch of folks...

No comments: