Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter and the Bloody Ballgame

Cover to cover, Potter is done! I can finally get back to the real world. Reading the paper, listening to the news, and catching up on a few unread RSS feeds.

I won't post anything about it just yet, not even impressions. If you're reading it, enjoy. :)

Bloody ballgame? Remember that I said a few months ago the NY bloodcenter is doing a rewards campaign to increase donations this summer? Well, it looks like they're bloodthirsty for platelets, because I got this in the email this morning:

HIT A HOME RUN...

for patients who need platelets.

I gave blood about a month ago, so I'm not eligible for this, but it might be worth checking out. And you don't have to tell anyone that you did it for the tickets -- just say it's for the children. People eat that stuff up.

Link: NY Bloodcenter Summer Campaign
Link: Schedule a platelet donation (by August 30th for Mets tix)

No comments: