Monday, June 11, 2007

100 things about me (part II of IV)

What a crazy week!

Friday: 7am at Laguardia for a school tech fair
Saturday: 8am in LIC for school robotics competition
Saturday night: Rent a car, drive to Long Beach Island, NJ
Sunday: Play on the beach on LBI, drive back to NYC...

Today after school we're watching our friends' son for the evening. It's been a busy, but fun weekend. As a Long Islander, I'm legally supposed to scoff at New Jersey. As a New Yorker, I'm socially supposed to ignore it. That being said, I publicly admit that it was a beautiful trip, with much more nature than loading docks to admire. Egrets, hawks and marshy estuaries seemed to abound. The house we stayed at was a 15-second walk to the ocean. Here's the beach at 5am:


Here is the next batch of my neuroses.

  1. Recent pet peeve #1: Pump soap that has been watered down instead of replenished.
  2. Recent pet peeve #2: People who think pressing both the up and down buttons for the elevator will speed up their trip
  3. My first job was a delivery boy for (Thursday local paper) The Long Island Advance.
  4. I worked weekends at a seafood store when I was about 13, gutting fish for 10 hours a day.
  5. I didn't drink until I was 21.
  6. The first beer I bought was just after I turned 21 (a Guiness for an Irish stew recipe)
  7. I made up for lost time during my mid-twenties.
  8. I recently shaved my head instead of waiting 25 minutes for a haircut.
  9. At MSG, I've seen Billy Joel twice, and Simon and Garfunkel twice.
  10. I've seen Weird Al in concert, and considered going again this summer.
  11. I went to my first Yankees game this year, and at least two more are upcoming (one at Tampa Bay)
  12. We sat down the row from some weirdo banging on a frying pan. (DW banged Freddy's pan before she met me.)
  13. I can drive a manual stick and ride a bike, but I can not sail a boat.
  14. I love puzzles, riddles and drinking-game-type group games.
  15. I never know how best to help a homeless person on the street.
  16. I love to travel outside the US.
  17. I love being a tourist in NYC.
  18. I love helping lost tourists in NYC.
  19. I don't know how to choose steaks, shirts or Indian food.
  20. I don't keep a sketchbook anymore, but I'm not quite sure why.
  21. I don't play the guitar anymore, but I'm not quite sure why.
  22. I'm a snob about paper quality and art materials.
  23. I enjoy programming, though I don't do it at a very advanced level.
  24. I'm a decent speller but sloppy typist.
  25. My shortcuts are rarely shorter.

2 comments:

Emily Suess said...

Simon and Garfunkel. I love them.

Columbia said...

yeah, I saw another 100 list that mentioned them... I don't suppose you'd know where I saw that, do you? ;)