Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Tumbleweed houses — Now there's a small kitchen...

Living in New York City, we renters are used to cramming our lives into tiny spaces, but this guy wins the price for smallest diggs. It doesn't hurt that they're beautiful as well!

Jay Shafer designs houses that are "smaller than many people's bathrooms". Some as small as 100 sq feet, the Tumbleweed Tiny House Company creates homes that look to be sitting on trailers. Floor plans show how the spaces are laid out, and they really are a sight to behold. They're beautiful, clever, serene and I'd say as functional as a small hotel room would be. I could see these being perfect rental quarters for a home in the country. I think most city folk would pay $100 a night to stay in one. Nestled into some lilac bushes with mountain views or a babbling creek nearby... Or it could just be me babbling.

If you've been thinking about an addition to your three-bedroom, you might want to skip this one!

Link: Tumbleweed Tiny House Company

2 comments:

Kitty said...

Hi there!
I just wrote something about living in small NY apartments, too. It is a theme that cannot be exhausted.

Really enjoy browsing your site!
Keep up the good work,
Kitty

(PS, I lived on the Upper West Side for 10+ years, near Fairway. I loved it there).

Anonymous said...

These houses are excellent. I really want to have one for travelling. They are more cozy and have more personality than an RV.